Salary: £105k base + Bonus + benefits
Summary: Our client is the UK’s number 1 online marketplace connecting homeowners with quality local tradespeople.
What they do: And they do it on a pretty impressive scale. Over 80,000 tradespeople use our site to fill gaps in their diary, grow their reputation and expand their business. Between them they specialize in over 30 trades.
UX / UI Director Role: Managing the User Experience and Design team, you will be responsible for delivering excellence, intuitive and innovative interactions. You will establish our client as a leader in their field across all platforms and devices with a mobile first approach. You will support the daily running, line management and resourcing of the team as well as creating visual designs and concepts for existing and new services whilst constantly improving usability, creating delightful experiences. You will identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX systems and inspire the team to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You will possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
Skills and Experience:
- Work across the full UX lifecycle, inclusive of research, design, testing and optimisation
- Champion and lead user research and put user needs at the heart of their design decisions and processes.
- Inform future features and exiting product changes with research to ensure our client understands what is happening and why; and use this to shape their future journeys and interactions.
- Take a human-centred design approach that balances business goals and constraints, and pragmatically delivers the best user experience possible.
- Design the information architecture and interaction design for the best experience, ensuring an accessible and usable experience.
- Plan and execute usability tests field research, surveys, user interviews, with their customers and business partners to inform design decisions and evaluate experiences with end-users.
- Lead and own the User Panel – providing regular access to audiences for feedback, validation, research and conversation both remotely and in house
- Manage and lead the UX & Design team, to provide the highest standards of interaction and visual design, UX and usability across all projects. Teach, nurture and support your team to become a lead force in innovation and research.
- Produce service design and experience design artefacts, including user profiles, research briefs and execution, narratives, user journeys and flows, task analysis, wireframes and interaction design, prototypes, and experience maps.
- Assist with recruitment, training and line management of more junior members of the team.
- Responsible for their development, performance, skills, resourcing and support with process planning and QA of all work.
- Collaborate on content strategy and exploration of editorial requirements for content creation and management, so that editorial users can make the most of the available platforms.
- Be responsible for the planning and co-ordination of design work and the work of others in your team.
- Work closely with teams across Product, Marketing & Development and external suppliers to build effective partnerships on project teams.
- Promote and execute a collaborative, multi-discipline approach by communicating effectively, facilitating workshops, establishing trust, and creating great working relationships at a range of levels.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Produce detailed QA and reviews for all work delivered and collaborate with all teams to ensure the user and business needs are met.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Collaborate to produce the design of visual elements, refining them towards a polished design, considering typography, iconography, layout and brand identity along the way. Use appropriate design patterns and contribute to libraries of patterns and style-guides.
- You are an expert in a wide range of research methods, you will be supporting and influencing the work of the UX team and wider business based on your expertise in knowing when and how to different research methods. You will help shape and evolve our UX research process and best practices.
- Your portfolio is full of consistently great work across different screens, devices and services bringing value to the users.
- -You aim to create beautiful, usable products and services – across all aspects of the experience from supporting a user’s mastery of a system over time, to the smallest interface detail.
- -You’re superb at collaborating and sharing your ideas with absolutely anyone. You’re not afraid to try out different approaches and styles to get the best out of yourself and others. Be innovative about processes and methods and create new project focused was of working with the teams.
- You can prioritise and plan your work so that you perform well under pressure and to meet multiple, tight deadlines.
- You’re enthusiastic, curious and full of ideas. You keep up to speed with the latest design trends and technology developments.
- You’re constantly fascinated by what people really need, and how we can create the right experience to give it to them. This enthusiasm helps you share with others and inspire the teams you work with.
- You will be able to demonstrate a track record of delivering and optimising online capabilities, user journeys, or new websites which will typically deliver usage of self-service, drive online revenues & increase customer satisfaction. Benefits
- Our client is a creative and inspiring team and our light open plan office has amazing views over central London. We offer a competitive salary and a generous range of benefits:
- Participation in company share option scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Bike scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel loans
- Direct pension contributions – 3% of base salary (with a minimum employee matched contribution of 3%) after completion of probation period
- Fresh fruit, coffee and tea and food cupboard